Tuesday 18 November 2008

I have a new direction

Im going to contiue using the basic art based flash engine I have, insetead of using complex physics. I saw a talked by braid creater johnathan blow who talked about prototyping and how you shouldnt get cought up in the most complex physics or using the very best newest engine.

I was going to use box 2d, lll get more in depth about that later. I got a bit excited about it before realising how complex it is to edit and add code to it.

I need to look more about gameplay than code.

im going to look a theory of fun and mihaly csikszentmihalyi who is an expert of flow.

My father knows a bit about sports psychology (sports being games albeit athletic as apose to electronic) so im going to talk to him about that.

aparently there is a creative sound and music person who is looking to be involved in aking dynamic music for games, so im going to get in contact with him.

No comments: