Saturday 6 June 2009

Digital Storytelling

I've been looking at Alternate reality games (ARG) recently and one of the things that has put me off them is there over complexity, sometimes requiring a high level of maths to solve the puzzles.

In this video from Google Tech Talks Adrian Hon from ARG developer Mind Candy talks about the projects his team worked on that took a different approach to telling stories on the web.




Telling stories in new and interactive ways is something I have been interested in for a while, my project for my first year in Interactive Media "Sparrow" was an experiment in telling a story with interactive elements, it wasn't as interactive as I would have like to make it as then I didn't have the flash skills I do now but its something I would like to revisit.

Click the image to play sparrow

No comments: