Sunday 18 January 2009

Development

I've posted a lot of my influences and thoughts on over people's work. I haven't gone into detail about the development of my game, until now.

It started in the summer of 2008, One of the reasons I wanted to do interactive media in the first place is because I wanted to make games, I'd done Sparrow but that was more an interactive movie than a game. My faverate genre of games is platforming so I wanted to make a platform game, I looked at a load of tutorials and the best one I found was a tutorial within a platform game, that I found at newgrounds.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/426598

I used the engine from this as a starting point because it had slopes collectible's and water.

I love the music in that tutorial, I play it over and over again, it helps me concentrate and get in the working zone.



After playing Rez a bunch I decided that interactive music would be my unique selling point (USP.)

No comments: